Friday, March 21, 2014

Learning to Be OKAY with Just Me!


I don't
         make lavish looking meals...or very tasty ones for that matter
               
                      keep my apartment looking spick and span
                       
                                 have any outstanding talents
                               
                                           I'm just me!

And I'm learning to be content with that.  The internet is FULL of people, especially moms, who share all of their accomplishments through photos, descriptions, advice, etc.

My point is not to disregard women who are extremely talented in various ways...I just often find myself measuring up to their standards and finding myself

well...

quite inadequate.

I'm not looking for praise or affirmation.  Nor am I being a Negative Nelly lol!  Just trying to be real and encourage others who may feel the same.  I'm not horrible at the things I've listed above...just mediocre.  And that's OKAY!

Jesus sought out the forgotten, meek, and marginalized people.  While I wouldn't say that I am forgotten, our society would label me meek, and almost unvalued.

But if I'm going to Tanzania to reach out to these same people as Jesus modeled for us, then I must believe that He can use little ole' meek me.

And maybe that's just it.  Maybe God has given me the gift of relating to people.  And although this is not easily measured or visible to others, I am learning to be content with this.

May we all learn to accept God's love and grace, without performance or trying to live up to standards.  I pray that you will discover that He loves us just for being His creation...His child...and for chosing to follow His son Jesus!  Blessings to all of those fellow Mediocre Moms.

And learning to be OKAY with just who God has created us to be!

(And now off to comfort my crying, teething baby, and let that be enough!)

(Looking like a wreck...to put my Zoey's needs first and I'm proud of it!)

PS.  Thanks Mark for loving me through thick and thin, no matter what I do or don't do!  You model God's grace and love so well! XOXO
                               

5 comments:

  1. You are everything that God made you to be! Love your stories and seeing pictures of your gorgeous baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this I have battled with this most days. And I love hearing I'm not alone and God loves us just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, take it from a guy who was married to a woman that had the same thoughts that you have expressed here in your writing. Sharon touched so many lives and was loved by so many people.She went along doing small, little unassuming things, that she didn't think were significant,. Yet to the people she did them for, they meant so very much. The Lord has so many very special things instore for you, Zoey and Mark. Just keep being you !! The Lord probably can't wait to see some of you're guys adventures. And the differences you'll make in peoples lives. Love, Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim for a husband's perspective. Your wife is truly blessed to have such an encouraging, supportive husband. I am the same way with a wonderful husband who walks by my side through all of my strengths and weaknesses. I'm a stronger woman because of my partner and best friend! Bless you and your family :)

      Delete